Trousseau Destination – Hauz Khas Village #4: Ole Couture

9 Aug

hauz khas village Ole Couture Trousseau destination

This is the final post in the series on designer stores in Hauz Khas Village. You can find parts 1 to 3 here, here and here.

Yet another high-end store. Ole Couture has a lot of unique pieces – in both Indian and western wear. I always find lots of pretty tops and dresses here, but never buy them because they are so expensive. They have lehengas as well, heavy and light ones. The designer will also sit down with you to design it if you please.

I found a very nice sangeet lehenga here, very “fluffy”. You know the ones that make you feel like a princess? J But we weren’t too sure what to pair it with, so we didn’t take it. And now I’m glad we didn’t. Although it’s fluffly, it doesn’t have that kind of ghera and fall that will make it twirl endlessly while you spin around on the sangeet. I want one of those. Like the one in this video below (see 1:22 to 1:30) -

Where can I find one like THIS???

Back to the store – they have party footwear as well for brides, but they’re best avoided as I didn’t find any comfortable. The bottomline on this store is – it’s got some pretty nice and different kind of Indian as well as Western wear for your trousseau needs. Do check it out, but keep in mind that it’s a pricey place.

Update: I went to a wedding recently (July, 2013) and saw a lot of the guests in Ole Couture pieces! If you can afford it, definitely buy a few pieces for your trousseau from here.

8 Responses to “Trousseau Destination – Hauz Khas Village #4: Ole Couture”

1. thevowsandbeyond August 10, 2022 at 8:16 pm #

Thank you for your super helpful posts!! It gives me a glimpse of what Delhi has to offer and helps me make my “must-visit” list!

• thedelhibride August 10, 2022 at 8:26 pm #

Happy to be of some help to fellow brides! Considering I’m looking around so much, might as well share what are the better places to shop at!

2. Saumya October 25, 2021 at 4:45 pm #

Hey nice review of stores..

When is the wedding btw?

I have a query too.. I am not from Delhi and recently moved here.. I have a cousin’s wedding coming up and I am looking to get some salwar suits and blouses stitched. Can u help me out with one?

3. The Wedding Filmer April 1, 2022 at 3:20 am #

That specific Orange lehenga in the trailer was made by Arpita Mehta… A really talented designer in Bombay! You must check her out! :)

4. Bhavna Singh August 21, 2022 at 9:30 pm #

I loved the collection at this store!! Their outfits were on an expensive side but their pieces are extremely hatke designs and not the regular run of the mill stuff that you would find at south ex market or other bridal wear stores. I did find some reasonably priced pieces which were really elegant and classy! It was a good break from all the usual bridal lehengas in net with chamki work that i am seeing in every other bridal wear store! .

• thedelhibride August 22, 2022 at 8:19 pm #

That’s very true, Bhavna! The pieces are definitely unique and not run of the mill Indian wear.

5. Anchal September 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm #

Have to attend a wedding in december, not much time as i will be arriving delhi few days before the wedding,,, need help to find something new and stylish. can someone suggest any good stores?

1. Hauz Khas Village Favourites Revisited | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - July 16, 2022

[…] main lane - the ones I’ve already spoken about on the blog before: Rewaz by Dolly J, Ole Couture & […]

Build a website with WordPress.com