This One Is For The Blog Readers

27 Dec

2014 is just a few days away, and I’ve been spending my time thinking about my goals for the new year. Some resolutions, yes, but also what I want to do with the blog in 2014. I always have endless ideas for what I should write about, and I’m currently creating a list of all the topics I’d like to cover for the blog in 2014. While I have a 1000 topic ideas (seriously!), I wanted to ask you what you want to read about.

Any specific topics you want me to cover?

Or any broad categories you’d like to know more about?

Any new ideas that have never been covered before?

It will really help me prioritise what topics to feature on the blog in 2014. This blog started off as a personal blog, where I just shared my own experiences. But the sole reason why it still exists today is so that it can help brides go through the wedding planning process as painlessly as possible. So that it can help YOU. So tell me what YOU want to read about!

Can’t wait to hear from you!

18 Responses to “This One Is For The Blog Readers”

1. Nikita December 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

Invitation cards – regular and concept hamper cards! / Bridesmaids – outfits and bachelorettes <3

2. Clothes and Creativity December 27, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

How about some real life experiences/tips on how to manage the household and work, all at once?!

3. Ankita December 27, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

how about some ideas on making the big day more entertaining for the guests – some activities/itinerary for mehandi,sangeet and other functions to get everyone involved while having a blast.. our indian weddings are usually more of a circus where guests just want to head to the buffet …You know! how about a special song / father daughter dance/ some fun facts about the couple etc etc etc… to make the day more about bride and groom rather than the buffet.. You know where i am going with this Shinjini!!

4. Ankita December 27, 2013 at 6:23 pm #

Also I would love to read more about:

some young lesser known labels/ designers in Delhi who are more affordable..

Budgeting ??

something about destination weddings?? what should one consider while opting for destination wedding (costs, practical issues, is it possible to plan a destination wedding without wedding planners)?

5. Niki December 27, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Gifting Ideas for a wedding in the family.

• thedelhibride December 27, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

Gifts for the bride and groom? Or for wedding guests?

6. Shruti December 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

How about some honeymoon destinations and probably names of some travel agents who specialise in particular sectors.

7. Divya December 27, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

What about tips on how you deal with your in-laws and I second the work/life balance comment above :)

8. Poorani December 27, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

Please suggest some lipsticks that you use. I love your lipsticks in the photos.

9. anvita770 December 28, 2013 at 10:51 am #

Requested to update with Guidelines, Steps, Directions & Challenges, if an individual wants to initiate his/her career with a Wedding Company.
    A successful Journey/ Story of a Wedding Professionals in their own words.
    Regards :) :)

10. Neha December 28, 2013 at 11:49 am #

Please suggest some handy tips for bridal shopping,the must have,make up tips.Post wedding fashion trends. :)

11. Shefali December 28, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Blogs on budget shopping for brides in delhi , some good tailoring boutiques and more detailed workshops for brides to be

12. Rushita December 28, 2013 at 5:49 pm #

A post on types of wedding sarees worn by brides across the country will be an intestine read :)

13. RJ December 30, 2013 at 10:55 am #

Hey there!
    Here’s what I am always looking for
    1. more tips on where to shop, especially clothing you could wear to somebody else’s wedding, maybe shararas and unique sarees, anything but the overdone anarkali.
    2. that perfect hairstylist in delhi, with respect to a cut and not a do
    3. organic beauty, is there good stuff out there that works and doesnt harm the skin
    4. ooh gold jewellery ideas… are there smart designs out there that dont burn your pocket and yet look elegant
    5. home decor.. always a struggle to find that perfect accent chair or some beautiful table linen, etal
    6. entertaining ideas.. hosting parties or fun ideas for the wedding, sangeet, mehendi… something your guests could remember and appreciate.
    7. yes a good facial recommendation.. where to go and what to go for…
    some of the top few things on my mind :)
    would love to know your take Shinjini

14. Sunshine Stylista December 30, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

We love your blog … and somewhere learning the art ourselves ! … Will be super exciting to read thru all your posts in the New Year :D

15. Shikha December 31, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

From a strictly wedding planning perspective, as someone before me has mentioned – Wedding day, reception, and sangeet/Sagan itinerary would be great. Along with some ideas about keeping guests entertained.

It would also be nice to see how we should allocate our funds into everything that goes into planning a wedding. of course, this is going to vary for everyone but a general guideline will be helpful. Maybe there can be an anonymous poll of some sort for all the married people who can let other readers know what percent of their budget went into wardrobe, venue, decor, DJ/entertainment, makeup artist, photography, videography, honeymoon, and all that jazz. You can then see the results and create a guideline for those starting to plan their wedding.

It would be nice to get ideas about honeymoon destinations, you know like some for the adventurous couple, some suggestions for couples that prefer relaxing on a beach, some couples might like an old world feel/historic sights, etc

I think you already have this to some extent but you can have your own “Real Brides” section, sort of like what Mehak does.

16. kera March 9, 2014 at 2:52 pm #

1) break down of different look available with pictures (I.e mathapati vs jhoomar or saree vs lehanga or pakistani lehanga vs indian)
    2) bridal trousseau must have