Delhi’s Hottest Bridal Makeup Artists

8 Feb

I’m back!

Pukka. Permanently. Properly.

I’ve missed you guys!!! Yes, I know you’ve sent me many emails, left comments here and Facebook-ed me. Will get through all of it slowly but surely over the course of the next week.

While I was gone, one of the posts I wrote for eStylista got published. And it’s something you’ll hopefully find really useful –  a list of the best MUAs in Delhi! My opinion, obviously.

I’m helping someone out with their roka preparation at the moment (how many of you are getting engaged/married this April?! Seems like it’s going to be heavy wedding month!) and we actually referred to this list to finalise her MUA! So it’s officially been tried and tested, and will hopefully help you find your bridal MUA!

Here’s the link to the post –

Super Blogger: thedelhibride Recommends the City’s Hottest Bridal Makeup Artists

My top recommendations are (in no particular order) – Chandni Singh, Simran Kalra, Tejasvini Chander, Mona of b:blunt (my own wedding MUA) and Supriti Batra.

Let me know if I’ve missed anyone you love – in the comments below!

PS. Attended 2 beautiful weddings last week, and I can’t stop gushing about them! More about them soon!

51 Responses to “Delhi’s Hottest Bridal Makeup Artists”

1. Rachita February 8, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

Welcome back dear…hope you won’t disappear again 😏

2. anu February 9, 2014 at 12:00 pm #

Welcome. We miss you so much.i thought you completely forgot about your blog.

3. Laks February 9, 2014 at 6:12 pm #

Welcome back :) Eagerly waiting for those weddings blogs :D

4. theknotstory February 9, 2014 at 6:16 pm #

Welcome back :) Eagerly waiting for those weddings blogs :D

5. Shrutie February 11, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Good to see you back again :) ! How about Michelle Montes?
    I am getting married on 4th March (I know hardly any days are left ) but couldn’t finalise my MUA till yet.
    What are chargers for Mona from b blunt !

6. Shweta February 12, 2014 at 10:54 am #

Hiee.. I am getting married in April too :) Right now, I am so much confused for my wedding and engagement MUA — Ambika Pillai or Vidya Tikari (at gurgaon location). I have seen Vidya’s talent on few of my friends but did not get a chance to see Ambika’s work. I am looking for both good hairstylist and definitely beautiful makeup.
    On top of everything, I am not located in India and will be coming about two weeks before the D day.
    This is my first ever post on any blog. I hope someone/you can help me figure out one of the most essential part of my wedding.

• thedelhibride February 12, 2014 at 10:57 am #

Hi! If these are your only 2 options, go for the one whose work you’ve seen in person and liked. If you’ve loved vidya’s work on your friends, book her. But if u want more options, supriti Batra and Tejasvini Chander are good Gurgaon-based options. Check out supriti’s review on this blog, and see tejasvini’s Facebook page for her portfolio.

• Shwetaa February 12, 2014 at 8:52 pm #

Thank you for writing to me and helping me figure out my MUA.
        Unfortunately, neither Vidya nor Ambika is at gurgaon location on my wedding day(sad..) and I cant take risk of Delhi Traffic on the D day. Anyways, I talked to Vidya’s senior artist – Michelle and he was very kind and patiently responded to my queries (as I am not located in India).
        Last two questions — Do you/anyone know about the work of Vidya’s any senior artist or senior artist Michelle at gurgaon location?
        What will be your top MUA in the list at Gurgaon?

Thank you much much!! muahh..

• WMG_Wedding Blog February 18, 2014 at 11:41 am #

Hi Shweta,,,
          mY 2 cents..dont do a senior artist..always better to go with the artist themselves.. You might want to check out Simran Kalra- she travels…Sakshi sagar is gurgaon based too…

• WMG_Wedding Blog February 18, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

Also check out Plum Gurgaon ! They did makeup for this bride http://wedmegood.com/blog/a-real-delhi-wedding-sana-karan/ …I think they did a really good job

• shaina February 24, 2015 at 2:39 pm #

My personal experience with sakshi sagar was bad.she came an hour early and created panick during haldi ceremony.thats the time when you need to be calm.after that her drapist was not good, dupatta draping was all messed up in two hours.and make up was very average.
            for my shagun kangana kochar was the make up artist she did an amazing job.

• Rimjhim sharma June 1, 2015 at 2:49 pm #

Hi shaina,
              I completely understand you.. I had the same experience with Sakshi sagar.. I’ll never recommend her to anybody .. It was a very disappointing experience. Please read my comment at the end. I would say all the future brides should go to some other famous and well established names.

• SAKSHI SAGAR July 1, 2015 at 11:24 pm #

Shiana took makeup classes from me before her wedding which she was really happy about (as i did makeup on her in the class), she wanted to book me for both events, i was pre-booked she kept insisting me and then i gave her kangana’s details, she had proper two consultancy sessions with me before booking me.
              Her venue was GT Karnal road, which i had specified is way too far as i live in gurgaon, i even refused to take her booking but took it as she really requested.
              I reached at the exact time she gave me (she was well aware of her time slot with me) despite that me & my hairstylist had to wait for an hour in her room while her ceremony was going on, her makeup, hair & draping were perfect. like how easy is it to post a negative comments for somebody’s work not realizing ones own mistakes.
              I really hope this gives all the viewers the other end of the story.

• Shaina July 2, 2015 at 6:37 pm #

sakshi your time was 3:30 and you came at 2:30.yes i was happy with classes but not the bridal make up you did. As i clearly mentioned your dupatta draping was not up to the mark. You made me ready by 4:30 but our promised time was 6. If the time was 3:30 and your hairstylist comes at 2:30 then its her fault.

• SAKSHI SAGAR July 2, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

Shaina dear I got you ready by 5:45, I have the pictures I clicked in my phone which I clicked after you got ready..and it shows the time, I wish I could share it..I left exactly at 6.
                  And about the draping, we completely made you satisfied..and then left, not at all in a hurry..even your mother saw.

• Bhanupriya March 10, 2015 at 3:30 pm #

hi..im bhanupriya, delhi based freelancer makeup artist..would like to show you my work as i have done pretty makeup for my brides which i think u will like. If interested you can contact me – +919990332243

• Nisha Tyagi April 10, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

Looking for bridal make up on 27th April. Your number is switched off. Call me on 7838576447.

7. Shrutie February 12, 2014 at 11:57 am #

What about Michelle Montes ? Any reviews on her. Personally, I have not seen her work in real !

• Steffi January 20, 2015 at 4:47 pm #

Michelle was my make up artist and she did make me look the perfect bride. She is very nice to work with. I had a good experience working with her and would really recommend for brides to be.

8. Zaiba March 2, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

Hi, I have been a follower of your blog and it is indeed insightful. I am getting married on 26th April and have been trying to narrow down on MUA based out of Delhi, preferable who has experience with Muslim Brides in particular. Also, would want feedback on Anjum Bhardwaj, as i liked her work.

• Saach May 8, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Hi Zaiba,

Do you have any reviews for Anjum Bhardwaj?

• Bhanupriya March 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm #

hi..m bhanupriya a delhi based freelance makeup artist…im experienced in makeup and would love to do muslim bride..my makeup style is very elegant yet very glamorous so the bride looks like a diva..and i know how a muslim bride would want to look…If you want to see my work or discuss things u can contact me – 09990332243

9. Shrutie March 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

Finally, I asked Shruti Sharma for my wedding MUA. Her work has amazed me :) (blush blush)
    Her makeup was turned the best in me :) Simply loved it . Strongly recommended.

• thedelhibride March 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

So great to hear! Do send me pictures!!!

• Ankita March 26, 2014 at 9:41 pm #

Hi! I’ve been falling your blog for my wedding due in August. I just got engaged in February and had my hair and make up done by Sakshi Malik! Her work is to die for! I have never looked so gorgeous! I think she definitely deserves a shout out :D

10. Ankita Chatterjee April 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm #

Hi Shinjini! I’ve been following your blog for my wedding which is due in August. I just got engaged in February and had my hair and make up done by Sakshi Malik! Her work is to die for! I have never looked so gorgeous! I think she definitely deserves a shout out :D You can reach her at https://www.facebook.com/SakMalik

11. mansi malik June 3, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

Hi Girls,
    I am planning to get married in Feb next year, i m located in north delhi, please suggest me make up artist as people ususally have recommended lakme, looks etc..
    I want different yet simple look, thoughts required.
    Thank you all in advance.

• Ritz June 11, 2014 at 12:53 pm #

Hey mansi..I am also North delhi based and looking forward for bridal/ sagan/pre bridal parlours whic are best. I have been to ashmeen munjaal. Now i am also confused as to take up in north or go for south delhi.
      Where u getting ur pre bridal done ?

• Bhanupriya March 10, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

hi mansi
      Im a freelance delhi based makeup artist..you may contact me if interested to see my work or for any query..my makeup style is very elegant yet glamorous..i dont compromise on quality and brands
      09990332243

12. swati July 18, 2014 at 10:03 am #

Hi .. i m getting married in december. have booked ambika pillai for bridal make up…but dont know who to book for sagan and engagement make up….ne suggestions

13. Garima August 17, 2014 at 11:59 pm #

Hi,
    Nice blog, i have been a silent reader for a while now.
    between any review for Bobby Chopra I am planning to book her for my wedding

• saloni August 26, 2014 at 10:26 am #

Hi…my wedding is in January. .so I have started my hunt..its a great blog…quite useful and candid…my venue is at G. T. Karnal road and I ll be traveling down from meerut on my D day…so south delhi will be quite hectic from me..I am looking for a MUA in east or north delhi area…any suggestions?

• Gaurav October 13, 2014 at 5:44 pm #

Did you booked …Please share

14. Manu January 23, 2015 at 10:39 pm #

Please stay away from Supriti Batra. My sister got her engagement make up done from her going by the comments on this blog but she is below average. Her hair stylist is very bad. Please please stay away fron her

15. Mahima March 30, 2015 at 6:36 pm #

Hi! I am getting married in Dec this year, the wedding and all other functions would be Noida, wanted to know of good and affordable MUAs in noida, I want to get ready at the studio and not at the venue, so would need names of MUAs in Noida. What I have seen is all MUAs are from Delhi or Gurgaon, I think Anjum Bhardwaj has a studio in Noida, anyone else?

Thanks in advance! :)

16. nazia May 11, 2015 at 1:20 am #

m from lucknow plz suggest me gud makeup artist who can transform d actual looks

• vishi June 26, 2015 at 10:28 am #

Hey nazia..my engagement was in Lucknow.I chose lucky..he is working with body cure. He gave me an awesome look..believe me ,u will not regret at all.

17. Madhuri May 14, 2015 at 1:06 am #

I am totally confused avantika or tejasvani chander for bridal makeup. And i want a Muslim bride look for my sagan.please suggest.

• thedelhibride May 14, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

Both are good, but I have experienced Tejasvini’s multiple times so I can personally vouch for her.

18. Rimjhim sharma June 1, 2015 at 2:46 pm #

I read somebody’s comment recommending Sakshi Sagar.. Please don’t go to her.. She did my sister’s wedding makeup and did a really bad job. She charged 32000 for both of us .. Hurried through it because she squeezed in two more appointments after us and on the day of the wedding preponed our makeup session by an hour.. Did not do any cleanup basically rushed through the whole process.. In forty five minutes she breezed through everything and by the time the wedding happened which was three hours later (thanks to the preponing) the makeup was lightening up slowly due to lack of a strong base coat.. This was the “hd” option (expensive by 6000) that she had urged us to take saying this is the one she does most work on.. I was very very disappointed, without a cleanup we later noticed in the camera and wedding lights one could see the tilak marks of the Pooja we had had at home before the makeup. She rushed out of her house to reach another venue the minute she was done .. She had taken up an additional client on that day and did a hurried and bad job with us. Nothing impressive for the money we paid.
    I wouldn’t recommend her at all.. For that money you need somebody who at least is willing to work on you and you don’t end up feeling disappointed and cheated.
    Go to her at your own risk :/

• Mahima June 23, 2015 at 3:07 am #

Thanks in advance! :)

• Dr shaina June 25, 2015 at 10:03 am #

Exactly the same thing she preponed my makeup also by two hours. She didnt had any separate hairstylist. The base became dark in two hours.she charged 30,000 just for my makeup and it was not up to the mark. Sakshi sagar is not at all worth for wedding makeup. Dont go by her gacebook page plss

• vishi June 26, 2015 at 10:02 am #

Plz give reviews abt shweta gaur,bobby chopra. I need a MUA for my wedding in December at the venue.budget 20-25k. Plz suggest

• Dr shaina June 26, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

Kangana kochar did my shagun makeup. She is too good and cooperative. Just go through the pics on fb page.

• vishi June 26, 2015 at 4:00 pm #

Already had a talk with kangna,tejaswini ,avantika.All are booked already.wedding is in ghaziabad.

19. Richa July 12, 2015 at 7:36 am #

Hi

We are looking for a Bridal Make up Professional in Delhi for a wedding in December. Can you please let us know your charges and whether you would be willing to come to the venue for the day?

Thanks

20. Meggie July 16, 2015 at 6:24 pm #

Hi..any reviews for Aakriti Kochar? I am going to be a Nov bride and looking for an artist who can come down to the venue in Gurgaon/South Delhi?

21. Poonam Rawat July 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm #

thanx for coming back, great work- poonam

22. Poonam Rawat July 27, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

hey i want let everyone know that i too run a successful bridal makeup studio in delhi. please check out my website-www.poonamrawat.com

1. Makeup 101: How To Apply Foundation – the right way! | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - March 5, 2014

[…] I’m still a makeup novice (though I could’ve fooled you with the amount of makeup gyaan I’m always willing to share!) so I roped in a REAL expert – Tejasvini Chander! She’s a young MUA, though she’s already making waves in the beauty world. And she was on my list of the hottest bridal MUAs in Delhi! […]