I have been pinning the lehenga looks I’m loving onto my pinterest boards. There are very few bridal lehengas, because I’m picky like that. I’m narrowing down what I like, will be going to Chandni Chowk this weekend to check out some out. Till date, I have seen lehengas at –
- Kapil & Mmonika, Lajpat Nagar – Some modern stuff, but most of it is really heavy and really expensive – in my opinion, not worth it. One of the sales women is really annoying, over-bearing types – she keeps giving her opinion even when it’s evident you don’t care about it! The other sales woman is really sweet – she gives you your space to decide (you will need that since they’re so expensive), but provides help willingly when you need it.
- Heritage, South Ex – It has some really, really classy Indian wear, for both men and women. Their sherwanis look really great, and they have an absolutely amazing collection of suits and sarees. I haven’t really looked for lehengas over here, but there was ONE that I saw that I fell in love it (but it was for 2 lakh!). The only downside? It’s an expensive shop.
- Frontier Raas, South Ex – has a good variety of lehengas, and caters to many budget sizes. Although most of their stuff is something almost every bride will wear (uniqueness factor is low for most lehengas), they still have some pretty solid designs that will flatter and please most brides. Must-visit. (I already saw a pink lehenga here I absolutely adored and would’ve bought it but the only problem was – I found it in Feb! Was too early to buy my lehenga, plus it was one of the first shops I’d stepped into)
- UM MoolChand, South Ex – I don’t remember the name of this shop, but they showed me a few pretty lehengas. Their range starts from about 60,000 to 70,000. Again, not very unique pieces but would appeal to most brides.
- CTC, Great India Place, Noida – They also had a fairly decent lehenga collection – large variety. Found a dark blue one that looked good on me, but, the color didn’t seem very bridal. Had gone there during sale season and decent bridal lehengas were available for 20,000 to 30,000!
- Anita Dongre, Phoenix Mills, Mumbai – Some really wearable lehengas, not super heavy and obviously, very stylish. But the damn price tag! Definitely a good choice for people who can afford it!
Still to see –
- In South Ex: Ushnaq Mal, Greenways (not sure if they have lehengas?), Perfection House, Ritika Bhasin
- In Karol Bagh – Frontier Bazaar, Anarkali (recommended by a lot of people)
- In Modi Nagar – CTC Mall (recommended by a friend, but it’s REALLY far off from where I live. Let’s see if I manage to get there)
- In M-block market, GK2 – Art Karat Creations (one of my relative’s got a gorgeous wedding lehenga from here)
- M-block market, GK1 (clueless about which shops sell lehengas here)
In case you’re looking for an extensive list of shops to buy bridal lehengas from, check out this post on Peaches & Blush (P&B). In case this is the first time you’re hearing about P&B, YOU’RE WELCOME! 🙂
I’ll keep adding updates to this post over the next month and a half. I need to place the order for my wedding lehenga by end of June. God help me!
PS. Another great post on Wedding Shopping in Delhi can be found on Marigold Events here.