Have you read about my 47 Day Wedding Workout Challenge? I’m 10 days into the challenge now – which makes it the perfect time to give you an update.
I’ve been doing yoga on most days – either because of class, or on my own. I’ve taken 3 days off, which means I have 7 more rest days to use and 20 more days to workout! Sounds doable? For more details, check out the Wedding Workout Tracker page.
I’ve heard from a few of you brideys that you’re also getting serious about working out for your wedding. Have you picked your form of workout yet? Multiple options are available to us – from the gym to dance class to even playing sports! I’ve never been a fan of the gym. I find it terribly boring. I can’t imagine running on a treadmill day in and day out, staring at that screen which tells me how many calories I have burnt. I don’t care! I would much rather be out running in the park. Not that I’m a runner, but still!
I picked yoga, but you have other options as well. I found a few great alternatives for thedelhibrides to choose from in this article on A Non-Gym-Goers Guide to Getting Fit by Little Black Book Delhi (a site which runs on similar lines to brownpaperbag Delhi). Other options (tried and tested by yours truly) for Delhi & Mumbai brides include:
1. Dance class at The Danceworx – they teach mainly jazz style of dance, but for the last 2-3 years they’ve been teaching ballet as well.
And if you were looking for a couple’s class to go for with your fiancé, they have Social Dance classes as well where they teach you different forms of partner dances (samba, salsa, etc) (Edit: these classes have been discontinued). I went here to learn jazz for many years at the Bluebells school branch – the instructors are fantastic, classes are always so much fun and the dance routines will make you want to move that butt! Side benefits include a boost in confidence levels (they teach you the jazz walk – which is almost like a ramp walk, so you can imagine how many inhibitions you lose, and lose them quick!) and a seriously flat stomach (because a lot of their warm up exercises stress on using your core muscles). If you’re wondering why I left such a fantastic class, it was because of timings. As you get to higher levels, the timings start to clash a bit with office hours. But I’d give an arm and a leg to get a job that allows me the time to get back to this class.
- How much does it cost? Super cheap – INR 3600 for 3 months (this was the price a year back, not sure about now)!
- How to get in touch with them – Call up their offices in Delhi (011-40520111, 40562570 to 75) or Mumbai (022-65220077, 42958789, 65159994, 65159995, +91-8879307626)
2. Yoga class with Bharat Thakur Artistic Yoga – a personal trainer comes home to teach me. He’s really, really good. And the class is tough, it’s not as easy as I thought yoga would be. Best thing about classes at home is that I never miss a class. I decide the time according to my convenience. Of course, you have to coordinate with your instructor who will have to fit you in as per his own schedule – he takes classes for other people also, you know!
- How much does it cost? This does not come cheap – INR 15,000 for 1 person per month, INR 20,000 for 2 people…keep adding INR 5,000 for every additional person. I would suggest if you have the space in your house, enroll multiple family members as it works out to be more reasonable then. They also have group classes which cost much lesser – the same personal trainers teach these classes as well, so I’m assuming they are equally good.
- How do I get in touch with them? Call their toll-free India number 1-800-102-1000 (they are in UAE & Moscow as well)
How are you planning on getting fit for your wedding?