It’s that time of the month again – wedding update time! Bear with me though, I have a LOT of questions for brides to be because I need a LOT of help to wrap things up! I’ve split the post into two. Here’s part 1:
With a month to go, this is what I’ve been upto (a few might be repeats from past updates) –
Updates with thedelhibride Asks…
1. Sangeet outfit – DONE! Jewellery, still pending. I’m wear a kamar dhani for sure – any idea where I can pick up a pretty one – fake, not real?
2. Wedding outfit – ummm…still trying to figure out if I want to use one or two dupattas. Ladies, help please? Jewellery is done. And no, I’m not wearing a nath.
3. Mehendi outfit – partly done. Have bought a crushed skirt that’s mainly turquoise blue with a dash of grey and white print, but I still haven’t picked out a top to go with it. People are recommending a corset – maybe made of white brocade, but where do I get a reasonably priced one? Or do I want one made of a phulkari dupatta? I don’t want to spend much. For jewellery I’m just going to wear a pair of earrings that are special to me 🙂 – they’re the first gift I ever got from the fiancé, and since they’re fairly ethnic looking they will match the skirt I’m going to wear. Edit: this is also done now, thanks to Swati who reminded me of Goldy’s Nest in GK1 – bought my whole mehendi outfit from there!
4. Heels for main functions – ok, I have no idea what footwear I will be sporting on ANY of these days! For wedding day, I care a lot about what my heels will look like. For Sangeet, the comfort matters way more than what they look like. Any shop recommendations based on comfort of shoes? I know that a lot of shops keep pretty shoes, but they need to have good cushioning as well!
5. Pre-bridal package – there is one at Affinity salon that includes pedi/mani, facial, wax, bleach, oil massage – the works. It costs INR 6500 and will apparently take 1 FULL day to do, or I can spread it over 2-3 days. Should I go for this? Btw, I had my first ever facial 2 weeks back – Casmara, on the recommendation of Mehak (from Peaches & Blush). Yes, I did love it! This will get included in the pre-bridal package.
Part two coming up shortly…