Look what I stumbled upon today! TDB in Femina Brides!

12 Jan

thedelhibride was featured in Femina Brides magazine!!! In an article called “Blogger Brides”, right along side Wedding Sutra! Wow! Humbling, and super awesome!

And I stumbled across the article this evening thanks to my MIL! She had this magazine lying around on the bed, and she just mentioned to me “look how everything’s about wedding trousseau these days!” because the cover said “Your Trousseau in a Snap.” I was reading the cover out of sheer curiosity, and I read this “Wired to Wed – the blogroll to help you plan D-Day.” I thought, “Oh, a list of Indian wedding bloggers? Let’s see who all got covered.” And then I saw a snapshot of thedelhibride homepage! Here’s what the article said:

femina brides december 2012

“‘Consultant by day and bride-to-be by night’ is how The Delhi Bride describes herself. If you want to know how you can balance your hectic work life with the obligatory duties of a bride-to-be, don’t miss this blog. The two things that occupy prominent space on her blog are Bridal Beauty and and the very popular Wedding Workout Tracker, which gives a day-by-day account of what she is doing to stay fit, complete with the yogasanas and exercises suggested by her instructor.”

The other two blogs mentioned, other than Wedding Sutra, were my fellow bridal bloggers – The Crazy Indian Wedding and Marathi Weddings! I’ve seen their blogs grow from the very first post all the way to this – so exciting! Congrats to all of you!

PS. I’ve never seen anything of mine printed in a magazine, so I keep sneaking peeks onto Page #174 over and over again!

8 Responses to “Look what I stumbled upon today! TDB in Femina Brides!”

1. Swati Murti January 12, 2013 at 12:42 am #

congrats 🙂

2. thebangaloresnob January 12, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Its such a thrill. I can understand. Keep the magazine cutout … Pin it to ur workplace pinboard or something. Great going 🙂 ..

• thedelhibride January 12, 2013 at 11:01 am #

Yup, planning on framing it and putting it right above the desk where I sit and write these posts 🙂 thanks!!!!!

3. Marathi Weddings January 14, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Congratulations!!! This is huge!!! Very happy for all of us.. 🙂 🙂

4. Mrinalini January 15, 2013 at 11:48 am #

Congratulations!!! Good to have you back:) you look lovely!

5. jai long January 28, 2013 at 5:05 am #

that is awesome

1. A Year of Centuries « thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - January 12, 2013

[…] course, the 60,000 page views helped! And the feature in Femina Brides magazine was a very yummy icing on the […]