Are you an NRI Bride? Flying to Delhi for a week or two to get ALL your wedding shopping done? Frustrated at trying to figure out who sells what in which store and at what price?
You needn’t have a nightmarish shopping experience in New Delhi. Give Brides by Peaches & Blush a chance to transform it into an enjoyable one!
What is Brides by P&B?
Founded by Mehak (Editor of the very popular beauty & fashion blog, www.peachesandblush.com), Brides by P&B offers:
- Basic Consultation
- Personal Shopping
- Trousseau Planning
- Outsourced Shopping (for clients who are not visiting India but still want a gorgeous outfit)
Ummm…in English please?
- If you are in Delhi, a personal shopper will take you around in Delhi to fulfill your entire wedding shopping needs
- If you are abroad and won’t be able to visit Delhi, the clothes will be sourced for you while you sit in the comfort of your home
Who can use this service?
- Relatives and friends of the bride and groom, who want someone to help with their shopping (For example, a friend of mine is working in Singapore and has to attend her cousin’s Indian wedding in Thailand after 2 months. She can’t make a trip to India before that to get her clothes stitched, and there are very limited Indian clothing stores options in Singapore. For her, Brides by P&B would be a perfect choice as Mehak will get all the work done over here and my friend will receive her outfit without having to even leave Singapore!)
Why do I need this service? I have a friend in Delhi who promises to take me around in the 1 week I’m there to all the shops she knows about.
Ok, here’s what you need to know about Mehak – “She is obsessed with finding what every little bylane in New Delhi has to offer, and having been a bride herself recently (plus after helping plenty of other brides over the last year) she now pretty much knows the ins and outs of Delhi’s every lane. From the best boutique in town for gotta patti work to the Delhi designer with uber stylish jewelled saris or the local tailor for the best fitted blouses – Mehak’s got it all covered.
Wedding shopping is in itself stressful, especially for non Delhi-ites. They are not aware of the not-so-popular places that can provide them with styles they like at prices they’ll love! Shopkeepers also tend to quote higher rates once they realize you are not a local and sometimes miscommunication can lead to delays in deliveries. Brides by P&B aims to plug that gap- through trousseau planning, consultations and personal shopping.”
Can your friend who shops for Indian wedding clothes once a year really compete with that? Didn’t think so.
Ok, I’m sold. Now tell me how this works.
- Have a consultation via phone, email and/or Skype – gain a deep understanding of your taste, preferences, budget, choices.
- You come to Delhi and Mehak takes you shopping – since you have limited time on your hands, Mehak’s knowledge of the stores in Delhi and the homework she’s done based on your prior conversations ensures you have a smooth and hassle free shopping experience
- Alternatively, if you are not visiting India, Mehak will shop on your behalf – showing you pictures of outfits, patterns, fabrics, and embroideries while you relax, lie back and sip a cup of coffee in your hometown abroad.
What kind of outfits can Mehak help me with?
Whether you’re looking for
- lehengas for your main wedding events (Engagement, Mehendi, Sangeet, Wedding, Reception),
- that perfect anarkali for your trousseau,
- the groom’s most important outfit – the sherwani,
- a pretty sari to gift to your sister-in-law, or
- anything else under the wedding sun (that includes jewellery, bridal accessories and footwear),
Mehak’s got you covered with her vast network and familiarity with the stores of New Delhi. Brides by P&B also offers MUA, photographer and mehendi artist recommendations if required.
Sounds good. But it also sounds expensive. How much will this service cost me?
The rates depend on the package – the duration for which you’ll hire them and your personal requirements. Drop Mehak an email at email@example.com to get a price quote.
Note: I have not personally used this service, but as much as I know of Mehak through our interactions, she seems to be determined and hard-working, two qualities which could speak volumes about how her services might be. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend this to you without doing some research myself. So here goes – read this review of the service by thebengalibride on her website, for more testimonials head on over here.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are some outfits NRI brides were able to get after using Brides by P&B: