Trousseau Destination: JADE

7 May

JADE by Monika & Karishma trousseau destination

JADE. The word makes me feel light-headed and dreamy. Because every time I hear it, I think of JADE, the store that I discovered shortly after my own wedding (my parents must be thanking their stars because if I had found it earlier, I would’ve spent what some might consider “a bomb” on my trousseau). And since I pinned that first JADE anarkali onto my Indian Suits board, I’ve been in constant love.

That’s the thing about JADE – constant. They’re consistently coming up with suit after suit that I absolutely love. And I am verrry picky like that. I’ll walk into one store and maybe like a single anarkali after rummaging through the entire place. So you can imagine my surprise when I couldn’t stop pinning pretty much every anarkali JADE put a picture of online. Could this be IT? The store I had always imagined, but never found? The place where I can walk in knowing I will be spoilt for choice?

To find the answer to my own question, I visited JADE this weekend. I was in Mumbai for a few days, and took along a few friends to see if JADE could live up to its reputation. Read on to find out if they did…

JADE by Monica & Karishma is located on Peddar Road in Mumbai, right next to Jaslok Hospital. I walked in with my friends, and after receiving a very warm welcome from the staff (one of whom turned out to be a college friend!) we entered the bridal lehenga section.

And just as I had imagined, I was spoilt for choice. There was lehenga after lehenga that I fell in love with, and I wanted to try on literally all of them! Which I kind of almost did.

The lehengas are, of course, priced upwards of 1 lakh (the average lehenga costs INR 2 – 2.5 lakh). And some of them are almost waist-breaking heavy – my friend and I found it hard to remain in a few for more than 10 minutes. But then again, these are Indian wedding lehengas – don’t a lot of brides anyway wear extremely heavy ones?

Leaving the weight aside, every single lehenga in there was beautiful. Many had heavy duty work on them (some would call it bling), but it was the most subtle and sophisticated bling I have ever laid my eyes upon. The colour palette of pale blues and blush pinks added a unique dimension to the whole collection – while the dense embroidery made them fit for a bride, the dreamy colours would ensure that the bride stood out amidst the wedding crowd.

Even the blouses were gorgeous, with an equally great range of colours and cuts – from a blush pink high collar one to a heavily embroidered white one with a boat neck cut.

Towards the end of my visit, there was very little I was left wanting for, except time. My friend and I were not able to try on many anarkalis, but we’ll keep that for another visit. In the meantime, feast your eyes on all the pretty clothes we tried. You will walk away in love. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

For the subtle bride, with a pop of pink

For the subtle bride, with a pop of pink

Shades of a sunset

Shades of a sunset

A unique blend of colours

A unique blend of colours

I loved the colour combination of this one!

Details of the lehenga. Absolutely love the blouse.

Details of the previous lehenga. Absolutely love the blouse.

Coral and aqua blue makes for a deadly combination!

Coral and aqua blue makes for a deadly combination!

Classic red lehenga given a colourful twist

Classic red lehenga given a colourful twist

How can you not be in love with this flowy lehenga?

How can you not be in love with this flowy lehenga?

One of my favourites

One of my favourites

Floor length anarkali

Floor length anarkali

Having some fun with another floor length anarkali

Having some fun with another floor length anarkali

With our photographer

With our photographer

Photographer: Brian D’Costa

Models: Aastha Maheshwari & Yours Truly – thedelhibride!

You can get in touch with JADE through phone (+91-22-23533635, +91-9833002000), email (jade@jadecouture.com) or head on over to their website. They’re constantly pinning the latest JADE designs on their Pinterest boards, but you’ll usually find them first on their Facebook page.

Which one is your favourite JADE outfit?

28 Responses to “Trousseau Destination: JADE”

1. Marathi Weddings May 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

I went to this store last month in search of my sister-of-the-groom outfit!! I was equally awestruck!! Loved your review. Linking it to the blog.

• thedelhibride May 8, 2013 at 4:53 pm #

Aren’t their designs just heavenly?

Liked by 1 person

• Nirmiti Mane October 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

Hey! one confusion- does the price you mentioned, 2-2.5 lakhs, is for choli+lehenga ( I mean the full suit ) or just for lehenga??

#JADE by Monica & Karishma

2. thediaryofamadbride May 8, 2013 at 6:18 am #

wow … very pretty lehengas!

3. thevowsandbeyond May 8, 2013 at 7:20 am #

I love the subtlety – and the richness that shines through. Mumbai nowehere on my list in the near future 😦

• thedelhibride May 8, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

they have beautiful anarkalis and saris as well. And they’re having a trunk show IN this US right now! You stay there, right? Maybe you could check it out!

4. Gowthami May 8, 2013 at 11:21 am #

ohh lovely lehengas……… 🙂 🙂 purple one is too gud..

5. Ritu R May 8, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

just loved the ‘shades of a sunset’ ensemble! you totally rock it!

6. Bhumika Thakkar May 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

Jade has amazing designs..but so expensive 😦

7. Abhilasha May 11, 2013 at 11:20 am #

Such gorgeous stuff ESP love the one ur friend is wearing..the yellow orange with blue border..she is looking gorg…loved

8. Apurva May 13, 2013 at 2:51 am #

looking gorgeous! I was wondering, if you could do a post entirely about your wedding wardobe and where you found all those pretty dresses 🙂
    Just at one place!

Just a suggestion. 🙂

9. Diksha May 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

I love Jade’s collection, if only it wasnt so expensive 😦 you look lovely in the purple outfit! whats the work called thats done on the purple one and the the ‘shades of a sunset’?

10. Kirti Dangi December 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

Wow i am in love with the designs. All of them are very good in fact too good. I am thinking to wear a JADE outfit in my own wedding. ❤ :))

• thedelhibride December 10, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

🙂 When is your wedding, Kirti?

• Kirti Dangi December 10, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

My wedding is not fix now but most probably next year .
        🙂

• Kirti Dangi April 29, 2015 at 2:39 pm #

Well my wedding will maybe next year or nearby. Don’t know till now. But i want a JADE outfit for my wedding😘😍

11. Sakina February 17, 2014 at 11:34 am #

Hi! I absolutely love your blog! Will be getting hitched this yeae and i cant even begin to tell you what a huge help this blog is! I just wanted to ask you- when is the sale season at most of the designers stores? So i can my shopping around that period.

12. Nandini January 23, 2015 at 8:50 pm #

Hey Hi,

Such a beautiful and lovely blog 🙂
    Cheers to you.

I am also looking for a beautiful lehanga just like your 🙂

Can you please provide me the details of the cost and and yes ofcourse as you have already mentioned the place, I would try visiting there.

If you know any other shops that would sell lehanga for less price do let me know.
    I ll be getting married tis yr, dates are yet to be fixed.

TIA,
    Nan

13. anita January 30, 2015 at 8:00 pm #

hiiiiiiiiiii
    m wrking in indian army
    so m a gal of combat boots
    i really dnt know much abt lengha na anarkali
    my wedding is in this ye end
    i read ur articles so dat i can get certain ideas
    if u hv sm tym pls email me on rathoreanny@gmail.com
    u can b of grt help to me
    luv ya

1. Top 10 Looks from Madhuri Dixit’s Trousseau | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - September 24, 2013

[…] stunning black net sari (by our favourite designers at JADE!) gets some added oomph with the heavy red […]

2. Inside JADE’s M&K Couture Studio in Mumbai | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - September 2, 2015

[…] directly heading to JADE’s new studio in Lower Parel, and I can’t help but think about the last time I visited them. 2 years ago, two friends and I had walked into JADE’s Peddar Road store to do […]