Wedding Wardrobe: My Sisters

13 Jun

thedelhibride's sisters

I showed you a breakdown of all my wedding outfits recently – from the pre-wedding shoot to the reception. Now I present to you…what the sisters wore!

The Sangeet

My sister wore an anarkali designed by Mansi Gupta of Regalya. She gave her a picture of an anarkali she really loved, and Mansi recreated the look for her. My sister insisted on having a lot of volume (ghera) so that when she danced, the anarkali would twirl around with her and create a beautiful sight – and it did just that! She paired them with dark blue pumps from Lajpat Nagar. Her hair was styled at b:blunt GK2, and she did her makeup herself.

Sister outfits1

The sister of the groom also wore a Regalya creation 🙂 She seems to be the go-to designer for the whole family now! People have family physicians, we have family designers *puts on cool shades* My SIL paired the beautiful anarkali with golden peep toes, to complement the golden self-work on the suit. In the picture below (on the right), she’s singing the surprise song she had in store for us! Her hair and makeup were done by Geetanjali salon in Green Park.

Sister outfits

The Wedding

My sister got her lehenga from Om Prakash Jawahar Lal – it was originally a bridal lehenga but she got the embroidery on it reduced by a lot. In the middle picture below, she’s coming up with the plan to steal the groom’s shoes while he’s mid-air during the jaimaal! Her hair was styled at b:blunt GK2 and makeup – by herself!

Sister outfits3

My SIL wore a grass green (bordering neon green) lehenga from Frontier Raas and paired it with a blue blouse designed by Mansi Gupta of Regalya. Hair and makeup by Geetanjali at Green Park.

Sister outfits2

The Reception

My sister wore a pretty pink sari with a blue blouse – from Lajpat Nagar. Hair & makeup was done by herself. I think she was too tired to even go to a parlour by the time this day rolled in. She really did manage SO much during the wedding – from the gift packing to taking care of my every need, leading the joota-churai to ensuring my sindoor was not spreading and to making sure the dance floor was rocking on the Sangeet! Phew!

Sister outfits4

My SIL wore a stunning jacket anarkali by  Mansi of Regalya 🙂 I loved the sequinned jacket a bit too much! Hair and makeup by b:blunt Vasant Vihar (their charges are lower than GK2’s, just in case anyone is interested). She definitely kept the Reception upbeat with a few repeat dance performances and she was sweet enough to notice that my mangalsutra was out of place just outside the venue and made sure I looked perfect before we entered!

Sister outfits5

Sisters are the best, aren’t they? 🙂

Did you get any trousseau ideas from what my sisters wore?

See more Wedding Wardrobe posts here.

14 Responses to “Wedding Wardrobe: My Sisters”

1. lookingoodfeelingfab June 13, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

They are looking gorgeous…sisters are such an imp part of every wedding and every part of life..this post does justice to sisters 🙂

• thedelhibride June 25, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

🙂 sisters help out SO much during the wedding, we’d be lost without them!

2. Mrinalini June 13, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

sisters are the best!!
    My baby sister looked stunning! and I wanted her clothes to have some element of mine.. so the embroidery on her mehendi outfit matched my blouse..and we used the same designers

3. Anya June 14, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

Great post. Really interesting to see what the sis and SIL wore for the functions. I’ll be coming up with a series of posts related to my wedding 🙂

Also, do checkout my blog. Planning to revive it. 🙂

4. meghasarin June 17, 2013 at 12:03 am #

Lovely..Love all the pretty outfits ❤

love

5. kayennat June 21, 2013 at 4:00 am #

They look so beautiful! I’m going to do a similar post inspired by this. The jacket anarkali is really stunning!

6. kitty June 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

can you please tell me how much b blunt took for one hairdo…just for an idea..thnks in advance

• thedelhibride June 21, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Hi Kitty! Hair styling at bblunt gk2 starts at INR 1200 I believe, for a simple hairstyle.

7. Gowthami June 27, 2013 at 9:42 pm #

Aww fantastic outfits and very elegant 🙂

8. CrazyCanuck October 17, 2013 at 12:06 am #

Hi TDB! Your sister and SIL look beautiful! Would you recommend someone that has only three weeks (my mom will be staying in Delhi an extra two weeks, so I guess five weeks tops) to get outfits made by Mansi? I would love for my sister to get anarkali’s from Regalya. Also, just wondering what store your sister bought her reception saree from and if you don’t mind then please let me know how much it was. Thanks! Love you blog.

9. therednotebookblog October 18, 2013 at 4:34 am #

lovely dresses

10. Amrita November 10, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

Hey.
    My brother is getting married soon and I’m going to Delhi to shop for the wedding. Can you help me out with places where i can shop for myself? I don’t have a big budget for myself.

1. Trousseau Destination: Regalya by Mansi Gupta | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - July 17, 2013

[…] Edit: Mansi also designed my sister’s and sister-in-law’s anarkalis that they wore on my Sangeet, and my SIL’s anarkali that she wore on my Reception. You can see the pictures here. […]

2. A word about lehenga shopping & wedding vendors | thedelhibride Indian Weddings blog - October 17, 2014

[…] Om Prakash Jawahar Lal, for example. I got my wedding lehenga from there, and my sister also got the lehenga she wore on my wedding from OPJL. But when my SIL went there, on my recommendation, the whole family was […]