Wedding season is officially upon us, and we’re seeing fashion week after fashion week, followed by wedding exhibition after wedding exhibition. Everyone who is getting married this season, or is attending weddings this season – basically, the whole freaking country! – is shopping for ethnic wear right now.
I recently received a mail about a new trunk show that will take place in Delhi tomorrow (17th October, 2013). And usually I would just inform my readers via a Facebook status, but I decided to do a whole post on this one. Why? Because it’s brand new (it’s their first show EVER tomorrow), and because it sounds truly different and cool. Like, actually unique. Not just fake unique.
What is it?
A luxury trunk show called “Boudoir”
Why has it got you excited?
- The creations available at the show are handpicked. It’s a curated collection with limited editions by designers that are hard to come across at retail stores in Delhi.
- It’s not a typical exhibition where there are never-ending rows of stalls. Instead, there are fewer but larger stalls – which basically translates to a more comfortable shopping experience. There will also be a facility to try out the garments in what they’ve termed “special Boudoir cubicles”, but that’s yet to be seen. I’ll let you know how special they were once I’ve actually visited it.
Which designers are showcasing?
The first edition of “Boudoir” will showcase limited edition labels such as
- Luxury resortwear and evening wear by Ash Haute Couture
- Menswear by Kunal Tanna
- Indian wear by Neha Mehra
- Autumn Winter’13 Collection by Kanika Kedia
- bold and statement making pieces of jewelry by Designer Gaurika Modi
- Anarkalis, Sarees, Lehangas by bollywood designer Arpita Mehta
- Luxury Home decor apparels and accessories by Riviere, and many more.
Which designers are you most looking forward to seeing?
Kanika Kedia and Arpita Mehta! I love their designs generally, so I can’t wait to see what they have in store at this trunk show! 🙂
Tell me where to come.
It’s at The Lodhi, from 11 AM to 7 PM tomorrow i.e. 17th October, 2013.