I’ve gotten queries lately regarding shopping in Ahmedabad, and I struck gold with these 2 articles that appeared in my newsfeed this very week!
The first one,
is from the Condé Nast Traveller website. From big fashion designers (Shyamal & Bhumika) to unique boutiques, the list is pretty extensive. It also covers stores selling jewellery & saris, and even has a list for your home decor needs! Best thing about it? The prices! Going by the starting rates mentioned in the article, you’ll find what you need without breaking your bank.
Here are a few names that popped:
- Studio Virtues – “one of the city’s hottest addresses for wedding and festive wear”
- Digvijay Singh (ethnic menswear) – “sherwanis, achkans, jodhpurs and kurtas”
- Purvi Doshi
- Asopalav – “saris…salwar kameezes, ghagras and chaniya cholis”
- Deepkala Silk Heritage
If you’ve visited any of these stores, do leave a comment below sharing your experience! You know we love hearing reviews from real brides & real shoppers!
The second article,
is from The Wedding Co’s blog. This one is more generic because it doesn’t name specific shops. But it does tell you which markets to shop from, and what each is famous for –
- CG Road for handwoven silk patola saris
- Teen Darwaza market for antique jewellery
- Dhal Garwad for the most reasonable rates
- Law Garden market for bandhani saris
Once again, if you’ve visited any of these markets, do share your experience in the comments below!