Does your husband fast with you on Karva Chauth, or Teej, or whichever spouse-related fast you keep?
This is just one of the many questions I’ve been curious about.
Honestly, I wouldn’t care either way because I don’t actually believe in keeping fasts. I still keep both – Karva Chauth and Teej – but I treat them as festivals to be celebrated with the family. I think I would freak out if I started believing that the fast has any actual power on the health of my husband. Imagine if I get sick on a future Teej or KC! I wouldn’t care about my health, I’d just keep the fast anyway and, well…that would be stupid. I’d rather focus on making sure we eat clean, healthy food all year round and exercise regularly. And get plenty of sleep every night. And stay in a happy, positive state of mind on most days. Yup, definitely a way better and more assured way of making sure my husband stays well.
So, what’s the deal with your husband?
- Does he keep the fast with you?
- If he does, is he excused from giving you a gift on Karva Chauth?
- If he doesn’t, does he have to get you a gift?
- I’m also curious about how all the working girls manage the evening puja. Do all of you leave your offices early to rush back home for the puja? Are your managers really ok with it? What about those of you who are entrepreneurs?
- Do you get really dressed up on every KC? Or was it just the first?
- And finally, what gift have you given your mother-in-law on KC?
I’m just so curious what everyone else is upto! I barely know anyone who keeps these fasts, and would really love to know how you celebrate.
Waiting to hear from you!