I’ve been keeping a secret from you…

10 Jul

There’s something that’s been cooking for a while now.

I’ve been keeping it to myself for months!

And I’m sick of keeping it inside me now.

I want to come out in the open and just say it.

thedelhibride is…

going to be…

thedelhimom 🙂

That’s right – I’m having a BABY!

🙂

🙂

🙂

There’s going to be a delhibaby! And my delhigroom is going to become thedelhidad! Haha, don’t mind the overload 😉

I’m 7 months pregnant today. Which means I’ve entered my third trimester. I’ve been itching to share this with you for a while now, but I’ve not had the time to sit down and write a post in peace. To be honest, I wanted to announce with a pretty, fancy picture, but hey – I only know how to write! So I figured, enough is enough. Let’s just write it and announce it 🙂 It’s about time you knew!

This is what I looked like a month ago –

6 months pregnant

My bump has grown A LOT since this picture was clicked. But I don’t have any from the last 4 weeks.

I have so much I want to tell you. So much has happened in the last 7 months. I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to bring you up to speed. My mind is bursting with all the little things I want to write about. I am just so freakin’ excited about this new phase! Wait, is “phase” the right phrase to use? Considering how permanent my new role is about to become?

I’m going to stop typing now. Mainly because it’s Sunday morning and I want to go spend some time with the husband – time that I fear will not come easy to us for the next few years! But also because once I start my pregnancy story, I don’t know when I will stop! Like I said, SO MUCH TO TELL.

If you have any pregnancy stories to share, tell me about them! Or if you’re in the preggers club, tell me so we can moan and get weepy and excited and nervous and happy together, while we blame the hormones! 😉 I don’t know anyone else who is pregnant currently, and it’s getting lonely in this one-person club!

I’m excited to get into this new chapter with you guys. Wish me luck!

Lots of love,

thedelhibridemom

PS. While you wait for posts, keep up with me on Instagram and Snapchat (my username is thedelhibride) for early reveals and regular, live updates.

PPS. If you have something specific you want to know about, just ask in the comments below. Or, get in touch on social media!

29 Responses to “I’ve been keeping a secret from you…”

1. Eva July 10, 2016 at 9:49 am #

Omg Shinjini..!! Thats great great news..!! Many heartiest congrats to you and the whole family..!! This is gonna be one lucky baby..!!❤️❤️❤️
    Anyways take super good care of yourself (and the bump ofcourse😉)..
    Congrats again.!! Very happy for you..😍🎉

• thedelhibride July 10, 2016 at 9:49 am #

Thanks, Eva! 🙂 🙂 🙂 we are very excited about it!

2. BlingTreeG July 10, 2016 at 9:59 am #

Congratulations 🎉

3. Vivek Vatsal1 July 10, 2016 at 10:02 am #

Congratulations!! To you and everyone in your family This one is probably the first time, I see a writing enthusiast project her special feeling of Motherhood and writing a blog about it. Probably, many ladies are a part of it, but they are unable to express their journey. You will definitely be an inspiration to all of them. May Almighty bless you and the baby. 🙂

4. A Golden Tulip July 10, 2016 at 10:41 am #

Congratulations!!

-Hems

5. Prachi Thaledi July 10, 2016 at 11:01 am #

I dont know how but I cud make out about the secret from the title of the post only 🙂 Many congratulations to you and ur husband 🙂 🙂

6. Purva K. July 10, 2016 at 11:05 am #

This is super!! Congratulations to both of you and your families :)) I am a new mom meself to my sweet lil baby girl (4 mos) and believe me it’s a complete joy ride! Enjoy the last trim cause it’s the best with the bump just your precious lil thing, cause once the lil one is out you won’t get as much time alone with the baby with everyone around. Also don’t feel lonely being the only mom-to-be, plenty of us are here if you want to connect or share your highs or just plain weep :)) have fun and keep penning your thoughts!

7. Parul July 10, 2016 at 11:10 am #

Congratulations, shinjini!!!!! Enjoy the journey ahead! Take care of yourself! 🙂

8. Shruti July 10, 2016 at 12:13 pm #

Many many congratulations shinjini!!! I am 8 months preggy!! Looks like I am ur first ‘mommys -to-be’group member 😊! Keep writing! I too have so much to share!

9. Chandani July 10, 2016 at 3:23 pm #

Congrats! I’m expecting too, 6 months pregnant with twins! I know this is supposed to be a magical time and all that jazz but I’m so done with this. I can’t cope with the Delhi heat and the growing belly at the same time!

• thedelhibride July 10, 2016 at 4:13 pm #

Wow! Twins!!! That sounds adorable and scary at the same time! Delhi heat is definitely killing me too. I have the AC on full blast always and everyone around me is freezing #pregnancywoes When is your due date?

10. Srishty July 10, 2016 at 6:37 pm #

Congrats Shinjini! All the best :))) and you look super glowy in the picture!

11. Krati Mishra July 11, 2016 at 2:12 am #

Congratulations,
    As a reader, I immediately wanna know more about your experiences from embarking on this journey. As a woman I understand that you would wanna keep this personal and a secret. As a blogger, I am thrilled that you broke another barrier by sharing a lesser talked about topic on a public platform.

12. girl bout town July 11, 2016 at 4:12 am #

You look so pretty with that pregnancy glow 🙂
    Congratulations!

13. Mariya July 11, 2016 at 7:15 am #

Congratulations Shinjini🎊🎊
    Good luck with it all😊

14. Tanusree July 11, 2016 at 11:15 am #

YOU KNOW WHAT I GUESSED!!!!!!!!!!! You used to be so regular. The change of pace really had me thinking that the family of two must be stretching to include a new member soon. CONGO!

15. Amrita July 12, 2016 at 7:53 am #

You’re having a kid around the same time as Mira Shahid..you must be sooo excited. LOL just kidding. Congratulations. You’re looking fabulous 🙂

• thedelhibride July 12, 2016 at 7:54 am #

Haha! I actually am excited about that 🙂 was hoping she’d give us some maternity fashion inspiration, but she’s been keeping a low profile so no luck there.

16. Meenu July 16, 2016 at 9:23 am #

Congratulations Shinjini😃

17. thevowsandbeyond July 16, 2016 at 10:53 pm #

We became brides together – I’ll never forget the journey. Very very happy for you both. Wish you a smooth and happy transition from preggers to mommy. God bless always – hugs and kisses!

18. Anonymous July 25, 2016 at 12:15 am #

Congratulations!!! Looks like we crossed path today evening at select city walk. Ur tummy took my attention and when I looked up ur face looked familiar. U were glowing and looking beautiful. God bless u and the baby. Take care.

19. Anonymous August 10, 2016 at 10:27 am #

Congratulations… 🙂 I am in my 2 trimester. Can you please guide me on what products are safe for skincare and especially stretch marks cream.

• thedelhibride August 10, 2016 at 11:43 am #

Thanks! I figured that all Forest Essentials products are safe to use during pregnancy so bought everything from there. Stretch marks are hard to avoid if you’re genetically inclined, but I will still suggest the heavy duty cocoa butter from Forest Essentials. Make sure you slather it ALL over, not just tummy. So your legs, hips, lower back, etc. Anything connected to your tummy!

• Alekhya August 12, 2016 at 10:54 am #

20. Life360Degrees October 23, 2016 at 6:43 pm #

Congrats dear on having a baby girl. Looking forward to some mommy talk on the blog.